Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Am I in deep shit?

A little over a month ago yours-truly quit his permanent job at the [arguably] safe, old, comfortable weekend newspaper and stepped into the murky world of advertising. Still not sure if it was a wise decision on my part, but then it's only been four weeks, so I guess a fair assessment is not possible at the moment.

Some of my work there were met with positive enthusiasm by Palpatine himself, some didn't make it past Lord Vader's usually generous lightsaber (it really is a lightsaber... don't ask). I suppose only time will tell whether I made the right choice or not. But right now the prospects aren't looking that good, and something tells me the force isn't that strong with me.

:|

Oh well, at least I'm getting paid. For now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I'm pretty sure it'll work out... you know that Lord Vader is a hellava sadist and randomly just strangles people right? :S

Jerry said...

YOU GOT PAID! TREEAAAATTTT!

themissingsandwich said...

Padme Amidala humbly apologizes for her role in this feeling of doom. Meet today?

The Puppeteer said...

Hang in there!
I'm sure you'll get to be a pro at it =)

Just Chillin's Personal Blog said...

Don't worry.. you'll be alright.. all the best to you!!

Paparé Boy said...

@Chavie Thanks, and yes, I'm quite aware of that, thank you. :p

@Jerry - Uh...

@TMS - Dude, it's FINE. :D How about next week... if you're not too busy? :)

@Meg - Thanks. :)

@Just Cillin' - Thank you. :)

PseudoRandom said...

Give it time...6 months should tell you if you've made the right decision or not :)