Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The songs that turn us on

OK.

This is going to be awkward.

I.. er... I'm back... If you noticed that I'd disappeared, that is.

So... um... yeah, the plan is to start blogging again.

Oh fuck it. Yes, I'm back. The shit that caused me to become all melodramatic and take a sudden break from blogging has, by no means, disappeared, but I figured that quitting blogging (that sounds HORRIBLY sing-song by the way) was not going to make matters any better, and so, here I am, back in business. Yes.

And thanks a lot to everyone who commented on my previous post, to goddessofvileness who convinced me to start again, and to The Missing Sandwich who took the time and effort to actually send me a mail and cheer me up; ME- an anonymous blogger she's never even met. (That was very sweet of you, TMS). :)

And also to messiahofmadness and tulie for doing the same in their own unique way.

Thanks a mil, guys. :)

OK. Now that the cheese is out of the way, let's get back on topic.

I've been annoying my friends lately, asking them to send me lists of songs that they find 'sexy' (for the lack of a better word). I'm trying to compile a Top 10 and so far I've been told that the following songs make some of my friends feel all hot and sweaty. :p

Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate
Layla - Eric Clapton
Skin To Skin - Harry Belafonte
Smooth - Carlos Santa ft. Rob Thomas
All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You - Heart
I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra ft. Bono
All I Want Is You - U2
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - U2
Fire - Babyface & Desree
Push it Push it - Inner Circle
Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
"Any Barry White song" (apparently)
Sweet Child of Mine and November Rain - Guns 'n' Roses
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
I am Sailing - Rod Stewart
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
Imagine and Let it Be - Beatles
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
Number of the beast - Iron Maiden
Breaking the law - Judas Priest
Highway to hell - AC/DC
TNT - AC/DC
Stuff - Blank Sabath
Stuff - Disturbed
Goofy Goober - Spongebob (don't ask)

OK. Some very different genres there. Anyone care to help a dude out? :D

19 comments:

Dili said...

You should try songfacts.com. They have a lot of "interesting" categories for songs

http://www.songfacts.com/category:songs_about_sex.php

Off the top of my mind Insatiable by Darren Hayes was the first thing i thought of. Erotica by Madonna, plus just about any Enigma track.

This would be great if it spread through the 'sphere xD everyone making a post on what songs shake them all night long and why... hehe

Anonymous said...

Cherry Cola - Eagles of Death Metal

Anonymous said...

OMG. I have such a huge list but they're fantastic songs. So have a listen :D

1. Music To Fuck To - Portishead
2. Teardrop - Portishead feat. Massive Attack
3. Mostly anything by Portishead
4. Mostly anything on the Cafe Del Mar cds
5. Alright - Kinnie Starr
6. Sun Again - Kinnie Starr
7. When I Fall In Love - Chris Botti
8. Holdin' On - Citizen Cope
9. Lover's Spit - Broken Social Scene
10. Rock Me Baby - BB King & Eric Clapton
11. Focus - Brandy
12. Hayling - F.C. Kahuna (one of my favourites - totally works)
13. Groovin' Slowly - John Butler Trio
14. Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
15. Since I've Been Lovin' You - Led Zeppelin
16. Always Never - Porcupine Tree
17. Svefn G Englar - Sigur Ros
18. Can't Get You Outta My Mind - Sonya Kitchell
19. Caramel - Suzanne Vega
20. Don't Look Back - Telepopmusik
21. Breathe - Telepopmusik
22. Anything by Thievery Coporation
23. Straight To Number One - Touch And Go
24. Can You Handle It - Usher
25. No Aphrodisiac - The Whitlams
26. Flunk - Play
27. Milk - Garbage
28. Destiny - Zero 7
29. Steppin' Out - Kaskade
30. Hey Pretty - Poe (Drive Remix)

Ok I promised myself I'd give you about 10 but my music is just too damn good. Haha. Cheers :D

Anonymous said...

robin thicke - lost without you?

welcome back, by the way! :)

Gehan said...

are u KIDDING me?! how da hell did iron maiden make it onto this list?? and 'sweet child of mine'?? and ac/dc?? :D

sigh

Bed - J Holiday
Rock the boat - Aaliyah
Stay - Brian McKnight
Anytime - Brian McKnight
Agoraphobia - Incubus
Here in my room - Incubus
Flashing lights - Kanye West
Love lockdown - Kanye West
Woman - Maroon 5
Angels on the moon - Thriving Ivory
Slo Jamz - Twista
Playa cardz right - 2Pac


ok now that ive given u to the keys of the kingdom, have a great GREAT weekend my fren ;)

Anonymous said...

Unique way?
Oh... Did think I was using reverse psychology on you? =P

Dude! Goofy Goober is where it's at!

@ Gehan- Who do you think? =P
And I resent that...
Iron Maiden is hawt! =P
Haha well I did include Layla by Eric Clapton...

Gehan said...

ha.. i should have known.. who else indeed... :P

alrite ill cede to layla.. but no way are u gettin any action (unless its some psycho action..) with iron maiden playing.. sorry...! :P

Anonymous said...

Lamaya.. ur back.. Cool!!!

@ Gahan - 'Sweet child of mine' is there for a reason..PB knows... Can't tell YOU tho :P

Dili said...

@Gehan: Y not AC/DC? O.o "You shook me all night long" is hawt, and have u sen the video? xD

Gehan said...

GAHAN!?!?! who da heck is GAHAN?!?! :P :P :P!!

[breathe!]


@ dili: i dunno, getting it on with AC/DC in da background conjures images of doin it in da back of a VW van adorned with sunflowers... lol...

i kno, i kno.. jus a personal preference, sue me :P

Anonymous said...

Sorry.. GEHAN. Typo :)

Makuluwo said...

Welcome back, foo'!

My smexy top 5:
1. I want you - The Beatles
2. Smooth - Rob Thomas/Santana
3. I'm comin' home - Michael Buble
4. Everything I can't have - Robin Thicke
5. Oye Como Va - Santana

Paparé Boy said...

@Dili - Thanks for the link, dude. :)
And, yeah, it would be awesome to know what songs the SL blogosphere would find sexy.

@changeiseverywhere - Dude... death metal? "Sexy"? Seriously? :D

@thebohemiangypsy - Whoa! Thanks for that extensive list, dude. Much appreciated. :)

And, I must say, you have really good taste... although, admittedly, I'd never heard of most of those songs and artists you've mentioned there. :$

@blackexists - Thanks! :)

@Gehan - DUDE, you like 2Pac and Kanye? Wow. That's a shocker! :D

And, thanks for the list, man. :)

@messiahofmadness - I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to agree with our headless pianist on this one. Iron Maiden is a great band, yes, but I'd hardly call their songs 'sexy'. If their music turns you on, well, then... I'd rather not say it. :p

@goddessofvileness - Yep, I know why you like that so song much. And, thanks. :)

Paparé Boy said...

Thanks, Spidey. :)

You're such a girl, aren't you? :D

I mean that in a good way of course. :p

Anonymous said...

Hi Papare Chronicles,

Freak Me - Silk
Deep - East 17

:)

Sabby said...

Oooh oooh I know, I know!!

-Do me by P Square (Yes, the name says it all)
-When i'm with you by Musiq Soulchild
- Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- Ooops (Oh my) by Tweet (teehee)
- Turnin me on by Lil Wayne ft Keri Helson (Oh LORD, lovely song to dance to)

So there!

*ahem*

Paparé Boy said...

Thanks, passionatelypatient. :)

And, Sabby, yes, that really IS a great song to dance to. And thanks for the list. :D

Anonymous said...

freak me - silk
and
love bites- def leppard :)

Paparé Boy said...

Not bad, dude. Not bad at all. :)